Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Run, run, run





Pastor Eduardo Preached it today:



Run, run, run!

 The apostle Paul makes an important statement: I forget what is behind, good and bad, no matter I leave it. What is important to me? What I have in front, what I have to achieve, where I have to walk, where I have to run.

 And when I look at the Word, I can see that none of us was prepared to walk in Christ Jesus, to reach a goal. We have to set a goal and we have to run towards that goal. We are not going to have another life. Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.



! Therefore, we have to keep going.

The apostle Paul says that it extends to what lies ahead. You cannot lose sight of the goal, you have to walk there, and you have to fight there.

And when we review this Scripture of Hebrews we find two things that are important to which Paul is calling us: 1.- Strive to the fullest. 2.- Put your eyes on Jesus, don't lose sight of him. You cannot lose sight of it, your eyes must be fixed on Jesus, on his promises, on eternal life. See it, visualize it, see the goal and move forward.



Something very simple: we stop seeing the goal, we get distracted by other things, we believe that there is no problem. Ah, what is the conflict if I don't go to church on a Sunday? Nothing happens! That is, I no longer see the goal, I no longer see what the Lord wants. Now I'm going to watch TV this Sunday, I'm going to see family members, I'm going out, I'm going to see my rest, something else, whatever, but I've already lost sight of the goal, I've already lost sight of Jesus.



And at that moment it happens to us like Pedro, we begin to sink. Why didn't you come on Sunday? I fell asleep. Ah good. Well you know Pray to the Lord that when you are asleep He will not come because you will stay. I went to football. Pray to the Lord not to come at the time of a match. Why you did not come? Ah, we went to a party on Saturday and returned very night. Oh well, pray to God and cry out to the Lord not to come the next day that you have a party.



Imagine if each of us is going to do something like that and is going to pray to the Lord for his interest; the Lord would not know when to come to satisfy everyone. Then God is not going to adjust to us, we have to adjust to God. And I have to walk and I have to run as He establishes. The apostle Paul is very clear, you have to continue to a goal, and you cannot be distracted. Matthew 25:13 watch, then, for you do not know the day or the hour in which the Son of Man is to come.



1 Corinthians 9: 24-25 Do you not know that those who run in the stadium all run to the truth, but one only takes the prize? Run in such a way that you get it. 25 Everyone who struggles abstains from everything; they, to the truth, to receive a corruptible crown, but we, an incorruptible one.


No comments:

Post a Comment