Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2019

My Goals





Pastor Eduardo Preached it today:



My Goals!

Philippians 3: 12-14 Not that I have already reached it, nor that it is already perfect; but I continue, to see if I manage to grasp that for which I was also seized by Jesus Christ. 13 Brothers, I myself do not pretend to have reached it; but one thing I do: certainly forgetting what is left behind, and extending to what lies ahead, I continue to the goal, to the prize of the supreme call of God in Christ Jesus.

 The apostle Paul compares life in Christ with a great career. Life in Christ we know is not simple, living in Christ, accepting Jesus, doing according and his will and purpose is not easy. It is something I consider quite difficult, that is why we need the Holy Spirit to be strengthened .



 The apostle Paul, referring to this fact, speaks to the Philippians and tells them precisely that he is continuing towards a goal, which he considers despite his spiritual growth, despite God's manifestation in his life, despite everything what he did, and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit flowed in him, tells them: I have not achieved everything, I have not achieved it.

 And I want to reach it, I have to take what I was called for, and I want to hold on to Jesus Christ to fulfill his purpose, and reach the goals he set in my life, to get to that special point. .



 Philippians 3:12 I continue, to see if I succeed.

 A very localized situation of the apostle Paul. I walk, I move forward, I don't know if I'm going to get to the point, the goal I want; But there is something important, I am not going to stop. I am not going to look the other way. I have something fixed in my mind, I have a goal that I want to reach. There are people who say that a successful person is one who achieves the goals, the goals he sets.



 I consider that a successful person is one who sets a goal and walks, and struggles day after day to reach it. Even if you do not reach it, you are successful because you are going towards a goal, towards a point and do not take your eyes off it, and do not get distracted, remain firm to achieve what you want to achieve.



 Philippians 3:13 forgetting what is left behind ... 14prosigo to the goal,

 We have been carrying a large sack to which we are throwing things every day, and that sack is weighing us every day. And that weight causes us to not be able to walk towards the goal, we cannot run.



 The apostle Paul makes an important statement: I forget what is behind, good and bad, no matter I leave it. What is important to me? What I have in front, what I have to achieve, where I have to walk, where I have to run.

 And when I look at the Word, I can see that none of us was prepared to walk in Christ Jesus, to reach a goal. We have to set a goal and we have to walk towards that goal. We are not going to have another life. Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.



! Therefore, we have to keep going.

The apostle Paul says that it extends to what lies ahead. You cannot lose sight of the goal, you have to walk there, and you have to fight there.

No comments:

Post a Comment