Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Its finished, I’m free!

Pastor Eduardo preached today:


Its finished, I’m free!

John 19:28, 30 “After this, Jesus knew that everything had been done. So that the Scripture would come true, he said, ‘I am thirsty’ . . . When Jesus tasted the vinegar, he said, ‘It is finished.’ Then he bowed his head and died.” (NCV)

The only person ever to finish everything he had on life was Jesus. Must of us never finish things, and we still have things before us that we don’t own if will be able finish.

Fortunately for you and me, Jesus did finish the work God gave him.

In John 4:34, Jesus said, “My food is to do what God wants! He is the one who sent me, and I must finish the work that he gave me to do” (CEV).

Right before Jesus died on the cross on the first Good Friday, the Bible says, “he said, ‘I am thirsty’ . . . When Jesus tasted the vinegar, he said, ‘It is finished.’ Then he bowed his head and died” (John 19:28, 30 NCV).


  • Jesus had finished the task God had given him.

When Jesus says, “It is finished,” it was a victory. 
He finished: the slavery of sin, the curses, the pain, the sickness, the sadness, the spiritual misery, the power of death. Glory to God we all free from all of with because Jesus finished it all!
  • Jesus completely paid our debt.     Paid for our sin, paid for our rescue, or ransom, paid for our ticket for heaven, for our salvation.
  • Jesus’ death on the cross was the sacrifice for our sin.


Now you and me the whole humanity need to do to be right with God.

Jesus says, “It is finished.” You don’t need to do anything to have access to God. He’s done everything! You just need to trust him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VO8wLgVTw&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment